Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tomato Soup


The past few mornings I have woken up to find the air quite cool and crisp; Fall is knocking on the door of the South and I couldn't be more excited for a new season! With this change in weather comes a desire to eat warm, hearty comfort food. My family frequents a local Italian restaurant, Z Bardhi's, that offers a tomato soup that is melt in your mouth delicious. The soup base is creamy, with  the perfect amount of spices and it has a slight texture without chunks of tomatoes (I can't stand the texture of tomatoes, but love the taste of them in certain dishes). The soup alone is amazing, but then they add on a huge piece of grilled Tuscan bread with an olive oil based dipping sauce.

If you live in the Tallahassee area, you must try this (along with everything else Z Bardhi's menu has to offer) and if not, go home and make this easy, but scrumptious meal for dinner! Now my mouth is watering and I'm counting down the hours to 6 o'clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment