Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bookworm Wednesday


If y'all remember back to a few weeks ago, I posted about a book called "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" that I absolutely adored for it's charming writing style and feel good story. Assuming another book by the same author, this one based in Charleston, would be just as good, if not better, I ordered "Looking for Me" on Amazon without putting much research into it; big mistake! I'm probably about 3/4 of the way into it and it is a major disappointment coupled with a drastic difference from the first book I read by Beth Hoffman; the story line is extremely slow, with nothing to really pull you in to it's tale. The strangest thing for me is the main character's brother, who is constantly depicted as having this "other worldly" connection to nature; it's just so odd and not something I personally feel a connection to, nor do I find enjoyment in reading about such nonsense! Because of my slightly OCD habit of having to read the entirety of a book whether I like it or not, I'm really hoping that the end of this book proves me wrong and is just phenomenal; I have high hopes due to an almost 5 star rating on Amazon from about 100 people (not quite sure how we're reading the same book).

Any how, that was my rant on books today! I'm actually taking a slight hiatus from the blog, until next Tuesday to be exact, because I'm leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow for a work trip to market in Atlanta; market is one of my favorite things about working retail so I'm super excited! The Mr and I decided to make a mini vacay out of the trip since I'll be done working Saturday, so he's coming to meet me in Hotlanta! We already have tickets to a Braves game and are looking forward to eating yummy food, shopping and exploring the city! Happy Wednesday y'all and I'll have a re-cap of our trip up next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment