Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Bookworm Wednesday


I am currently plowing through the 700 something page book of the 4th Harry Potter, but was recently given this book from my boss. A few weeks ago, I was chatting with her and mentioned how I am a book nerd and hope to have a sprawling library in my home one day. Literally the very next day I walked into work with her handing me a large stack of books that she thought I might want to add to my ever growing collection; first of all, that made my day (I later that night laid out all the books she gave me and perused through them, anticipating what I might read first after having completed the never ending Harry Potter series) and secondly, how sweet and thoughtful of her! Yesterday she brought me "Gone Girl" (hardback, my fave!) and told me her daughters raved about it and said it was one of the best books they had read. I read the synopsis and agree that it does sound interesting, but also slightly creepy and disturbing. If you don't know me, I am a bit of a scaredy cat and have a hard time reading mysteries/suspense thrillers, but am trying to over come that...so I gave this book to a good friend of mine to proof read and let me know if I can handle it :)

Have you read Gone Girl? If so, would love to hear your thoughts!

P.S. I have read many reviews of J.K. Rowling's new book Vacancy and have no desire to read it, nor do I suggest you read it (as stated in a previous blog post). I was disappointed to hear how negative and depressing it seemed, due to the variety of horrific topics she chooses to have her characters encounter. Just wanted to clear that up!

Have a wonderful day

No comments:

Post a Comment