Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bravo Brad, Carrie, and Hank!

I have been a country music fan from a young age and I can still even remember the first few songs that made me fall in love with it; John Michael Montgomery "I swear", "Be my baby tonight" and "Sold (Grundy County Auction)". Flashes of me trying to memorize "she's an 8, she's a 9, she's a 10 I know; she's got ruby red lips, blonde hair, blue eyes; I'm about to bid my heart goodbye" always bring me back to childhood! My love for country music has steadily grown since then, and 80% of the time, it is what I'm listening to! I just appreciate what the majority of country music singers stand up for, how they present themselves, and their respect and devotion to this COUNTRY we call home. That being said, here is my analysis of the 2011 CMA's!!

First of all, I'd like to applaude Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood for doing an amazing job hosting the CMA's last night; Brad is just charming, genuine and pretty darn handsome, while Carrie is stunning, funny, talented, and well stunning! Their chemistry on stage is just flawless and entertaining and they, along with all the other amazing country singers, put on one incredible show! It is so refreshing to watch an awards ceremony where the artists are respectful, where they look gorgeous and feminine (not skanky and crazy), and where you don't have to worry about whether or not children should be watching. I loved every performance and aspect of the show last night, BUT the introduction that Brad and Carrie did to kick off the show was probably one of my favorite points of the night! Way to stand up for your fellow country singer (and LEGEND) Mr.Hank Williams Jr.! It couldn't have been done in a more polite, hysterical way; apparently the audience thought so too, hence the laughs, cheers and standing ovation. Mr.Hank wasn't too far off in his comparison of our president and Hitler...haha Im kidding (kind of)!! So take that liberal media!!! If you happened to miss this segment of last night, I'm posting the video below! Made me proud to be a country lovin', southern girl :) Y'all were spot on CMA's and thanks for a spectacular show!






Swooned over this glitzy, yet elegant gold number Carrie wore last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment