Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful

Today I find myself thinking about how Thanksgiving is just a mere two and a half weeks away! How can that be?? It seems like just yesterday it was July and we got engaged and I thought I had all the time in the world...and now it's NOVEMBER (we are almost at the 6 month mark)! Heavens to Betsy I have a lot to do!! One priority for me right now is to mail out our save the dates! I was ecstatic to find them in the mail today and it looks like my night will be spent curled up in front of the tv and addressing these sweet cards :)

As I looked at our save the dates this morning, I got a bit sentimental. I began to realize how blessed I am to be marrying this incredible, Godly man, and beyond that, how blessed I am to become a part of his wonderful family and he a part of mine. We both have been raised with the most loving, caring, selfless, God-fearing parents that any child could dream of having. I could never fully describe how much my family means to me and the love that I have for them. Over the past few years of being with Michael's family, my love for them has grown steadily too. They have accepted me as one of their own, loved me, given of themselves for me, and rejoiced in this season for me, leaving me feeling humbly thankful for them. I'm thankful we have two families who support us completely, love us unconditionally, and encourage us in our faith.

I know during the Holidays it is a lot easier to remember reasons we have to be thankful, but I hope the spirit of the season stays with us every day of every year, because we truly have abundant blessings and much cause to be thankful. Maybe this is an idea to start a recurring day where I just blog about out all my thanksgivings to y'all :) Thanks for listening to my rambling that began with how fast November has approached, to my Save the dates and lastly how that left me with a heart full ofThanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment