Thursday, December 22, 2011

All I Want For Christmas...Day 3!

I grew up in a family that is easily entertained by the simplicity and sheer pleasure that comes from playing boardgames! We have always enjoyed that time together to get away from all of our technological gadgets and have some "old-fashioned" fun and laughs (and maybe just a teeeeeeny bit of competitiveness, wink wink)! I thought I would give you our top 3 favorite games that would all make for a great, inexpensive gift for anyone!


The Game of Things is one of my personal favorites! If you haven't heard of this or don't know how it's played, this one is quite simple and doesn't require much brain power, maybe just a little creativity! One person will start the game off by being the "reader" and will read the prompt on the first card, such as, "something you wouldn't do in front of your grandma" (there are a kajillion prompts). Everyone, including the reader, will come up with a response that they believe is suitable and then submit it to be read aloud. The person to the left of the reader will begin to take their guesses on who said what response and you are awarded points with each one you get correct. The person with the most points after everyone has been a "reader" wins. It's a great game because the responses can get quite entertaining and funny! My family has taken a little break from this game because we can't seem to have any responses that don't include some sort of gross potty language (I have two brothers...and my mom and I may participate in the potty talk solely to throw the suspicion off of ourselves)! Maybe one day we will become mature...but I guess that's part of the fun :)


No explanations needed for this! Such a classic and recently, this has been a top game choice!

Scrabble is my all time favorite game! I guess because Im a little bookworm, I really enjoy the competitive aspect of finding words that will earn you many points! My fiance' and I love to play this together and though he is a few wins up on me, I completely redeemed myself the other night with a big time win :)















































No comments:

Post a Comment