Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bookworm Wednesday

Goodmorning!! I decided to dedicate a day to discuss books, because besides my strong love for sweets, I also possess a passion for reading! This began at a very early age and I was fortunate enough to have parents that took the time to read to me before bed every night. I am beyond thankful they did because reading is like a power food for the brain and it really helped me excel through school. Once I learned to read, you couldn't keep my nose out of a book if you tried! I literally used to ask for books for Christmas and I still remember getting a box of books that included the likes of Little House on the Prairie, Babysitters Club and Boxcar Children; pretty standard for a girl in elementary school :)



Now a days, I will still read anything that I can get my hands on and I hope one day to have a house with a very large, extensive library of all the many books I have collected! I recently read To Kill A Mockingbird for about the third time and if you have never read it or it's been awhile, you should most definitely pick up this book and refresh your memory! I love southern literature and this book is a classic at the top of my list! The characters in this book are phenomenal, but I believe my favorite one would have to be the father, Atticus. He is a respectable, gentle man, that never hesitates to do the right thing. It is so refreshing to read about a character who teaches his children morals and ethics in life just by simply being an example himself. What better way for children to learn than to witness their parent living the lifestyle that they preach. The children, Scout and Jem, are consistently shown an honorable, right way of living by the reinforcement of their father's behavior and actions. This is one of the many things I adore and respect about this book and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! And remember, it's a sin to kill a mockingbird :)






"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment