Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Necessities Continued...

I realized I left off a few fall necessities from Friday's list and wanted to share them with you!
This time of year I LOVE soups and roasts; basically anything warm, cozy and hearty! I also LOVE to use my crock pot! I can have this delicious meal preparing for me during the day while Im at work and then get to walk in the door to a scrumptious aroma of a dinner that is ready to be gobbled up by yours truly! If you have not yet heard of this web site, http://www.skinnycrockpot.com/, then I insist that you must! A good friend of mine recommended it to me and I have been a fan ever since! If you're like me and find it hard to stand on your feet after work and cook a meal, this is the remedy for that problem! Delicious meals that are healthy and basically cooked for you, makes me one happy, satisfied girl :)


This particular pork stew is a recipe I am trying out for dinner tonight! From the looks of it, I won't be disappointed!

Skinny BBQ Pork Stew
Recipe republished with permission from TheGraciousPantry.com.
(Makes approximately 3-1/2 quarts) Nutritional Content will vary depending on BBQ sauce used.
Ingredients
8 pork loin chops, cut into small chunks
3 cups chicken stock
1 onion, sautéed or caramelized in 2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. fingerling potatoes, halved or whole
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 (16 oz.) jar healthy BBQ sauce (I used one called, "Bone Suckin' Sauce" for this recipe. OrganicVille is also good, or you can make your own.)
2 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
Directions
Place all ingredients in a 5 quart (or larger) crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours, though some crock pots will need longer. Just be sure the pork is cooked.
When the pork reaches at least 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer and the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork or knife, it's done. Allow to cool and serve.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by ZipList Recipe Plugin
1.3
Copyright 2011 SkinnyCrockPot. All rights reserved.





I am obsessed with this candle! It is "Leaves" by Bath & Body and it is fantastic for this time of year! Your home will have this perfect, subtle, fall scent drifting through it like leaves on a fall day!


Loving this monogrammed jewelry! Simple, dainty, chicness (made up word??) all wrapped in to one little necklace! Just realized, this might not be realistic yet because do I get one now and have to change my monogram when I marry in the spring?? Oh dilemmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment