Monday, January 9, 2012

Hey y'all! Hope everyone had a great weekend! My fiance' and I enjoyed our weekend dining out with his parents and some great friends, before I sent him off yesterday afternoon for his last semester of college EVER! It was so hard to see him leave because he had been home for a whole month on break and I got used to having him here with me; seriously don't think there was a day we didn't see each other...what can I say, we are CRAZY about each other!!! Even though I get sad every time he leaves, this time was a bit easier because in 4 VERY short months, we will be married and together for life! Time is flying and I have lot's to do! Maybe I'll do a wedding update tomorrow!

Tonight I was invited to my good friend's (also one of my bridesmaids!!) boyfriends house to watch the Bama vs. Lsu National Championship game! I'm not really a fan of either team (Go Noles), but my friend here and a few others from high school went to Bama so I guess that will be who I root for! I made a yummy little snack for the football schindig that my mom typically makes around the holidays, but I figured it would be a good one for people to munch on! Here is the recipe below! Roll tide!





Muddy Buddies:


9 cups Chex cereal (I use the Rice Chex)
1 pkg (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine or butter ( I use Land O Lakes stick margarine)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Measure cereal in large mixing bowl & set aside. Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and margarine in 1-quart microwavable glass bowl uncovered for 1 minute (I do 45 seconds cuz my micro is strong); stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated (carefully so as not to break up the Chex). I also let it cool for a couple of minutes before adding the powdered sugar. Pour into plastic bag (I use a Target bag and then put it into one more Target bag just in case there is a hole in one & the powdered sugar would fly everywhere)! Add powdered sugar to bag all over the Chex mix and close bag tightly at top with your hands; then shake around till all Chex is covered with pwderd sugar. Pour out onto parchment paper and let cool. Store in plastic container with cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment