Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall Wreaths

Crafting/decorating has become my new job description and believe me when I say that I never thought I'd hear those two words being used to describe the tasks I'M responsible for at work. I went from dressing people to dressing their kitchens and homes! 
The store I work at currently is a locally owned boutique called "Coton Colors" that specializes in gift items such as painted pottery, ornaments, home decor, stationary, and monogrammed products. The store is in the process of expanding into the space next door to us so I have done a lot of organizing and moving items around, but because we decorate seasonally, I have had projects that include making Halloween displays and also decorating Fall wreaths (I know you're probably thinking "tacky Halloween" decor in your head, but trust me, the store looks adorable and the items are very whimsical and chic).
As much as I complain about not inheriting the gift of "craftiness", I slightly impressed myself with my wreath making skills! A lady I work with, who is a mini Martha Stewart, generously showed me the ways of the craft world. With a little guidance, I managed to make my first wreath for the store and it turned out mighty cute, if I do say so myself :)
So basically I'm obsessed with wreath making now and have put some pics below of a few I'm loving at the moment. Since I am now a proffessional, I am going to make a wreath for my mom and myself and hope to have pics of those soon!
Hope you have a great Tuesday and go craft something :)

r












No comments:

Post a Comment