Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bookworm Wednesday + A Recipe


As I stated earlier this week, I finallllyyyyyyyy completed the Harry Potter series that I'd been plowing through since last September (7 extremely long books) and have now been able to choose a new one, The Kitchen House, from my ever growing list of "must reads". I have heard wonderful things about this novel, and though I just started it Monday, I can already tell it will be good and most likely, a little heart wrenching. Hopefully I will have my synopsis plus a new read for the next bookworm Wednesday! Anything new that you're reading and just can't put it down??

Excuse the lack of quality for the below pick, but I wanted to share a recipe I made last night for myself and the Mr that is easy peasy, and one of our favorites!

Jays Favorite Chicken
4 boneless chicken breast (we used 3 because that's what we had)
4 slices of Swiss cheese
1 can of cream of broccoli soup
1/2 a cup of milk
1 cup herb flavored stuffing mix
1/4 cup melted butter

Lay chicken in a 13x9 greased casserole dish. Top with cheese. Combine soup and milk, then pour over the chicken and cheese. Mix a cup of stuffing with the butter and sprinkle over the chicken. Bake @350 for 45 minutes.

How simple is that recipe and I'm telling you, it is so delicious; the soup mixture, plus the stuffing, makes for a yummy sort of "sauce" if you will, to dip your chicken in. You could use any vegetable as a side, but I chose okra last night due to my affinity for it and also because we haven't made some in quite awhile. To prepare that, I just poured about 1/4 inch of olive oil in a sauté pan, coated the okra in a teeny bit of flour, sprinkled it with garlic salt and regular salt, and then sautéed it over medium to high heat until I saw it start to brown (maybe 15 minutes total).

Y'all must try this recipe! Happy Wednesday and I'd love to hear any recipes that you are enjoying at the moment; do share!




No comments:

Post a Comment