Friday, January 18, 2013

Broken Hearted

My heart is completely aching and broken with news I received yesterday of a precious friend of mine who lost her boyfriend unexpectedly and tragically. I'm still in shock, disillusioned and overwhelmed with gut wrenching sadness for her and the family of the young man who passed away. I'm at a complete loss for words, but wanted to provide those of you that knew him or her with some scripture I was clinging to this morning because the Bible and prayer is the only place for me to turn to for true comfort, peace and hope. Please keep the family and friends affected by this tragedy in your prayers and I encourage you, as cliche as it may sound, to cherish each day you have on this earth, live it to the fullest, and spend time with those you love and hold dear. Life is a precious gift, though not guaranteed and I urge you to not worry about petty, trivial things that we all are so prone to falling prey to, but rather to spend your time and effort on what truly matters. To me personally, that entails serving and trusting my God (even when I don't comprehend the "why's" ) and living a life not about me, myself and I, but one that puts others first and envelopes them with pure love. 

God's a safe house for the battered,
A sanctuary during bad times.
The moment you arrive, you relax,
You're never sorry you knocked.
Psalm 9:9-10

Pile your troubles on Gods shoulders; 
he'll carry your load, he'll help you out.
Psalm 55:22

He heals the heartbroken
And bandages their wounds.
He counts the stars 
And assigns each a name.
Our Lord is great, with limitless strength;
We'll never comprehend what He knows and does.
Psalm 147:3-6

The Father is with me. I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakeable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart, I've conquered the world.
John 16:33

He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come our way, but no more so than the good times of His healing comfort-we get a full measure of that too.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5


No comments:

Post a Comment