Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bookworm Wednesday


After finishing up last weeks read "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" (which I highly recommend if you enjoy southern literature), I started in on "The Weed That Strings The Hangmans Bag". This book is actually part of a series (they don't necessarily have to be read in order) that portrays an 11 year old girl as a witty, intelligent, mystery solving sleuth. It may sound strange that a young adolescent girl is the main character of this "made for adults" novel, but it's written in such a way that doesn't seem childish; on the contrary, the girl is quite cheeky and wise beyond her years. 
This author has been given rave reviews and the mysteries aren't too scary (I'm such a fraidy cat), so I thought I'd give it a shot and it hasn't disappointed me yet!

 On another note, I painted my nails "Bachelorette Bash" (thanks JMH) yesterday and love the deep pink hue...reminds me of watermelon and boy do I love me some watermelon!

Have a great Wednesday and stay tuned for a scrumptious chocolatey summer recipe tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment