Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bookworm Wednesday


One would think that when you have a day off of work that writing a blog post would be a heckuva lot easier, but apparently I prefer the more challenging route of scrambling to write one before I head off to work. This is my lame attempt at an explanation for a blog less day yesterday; in simpler, more straightforward terms, my laziness has been at an all time high as of late.

As I mentioned last Bookworm Wednesday, I started reading the Joanne Fluke novels and just finished up book one of the series. Though slightly cheesy and not really scary at all (which is perfect for a fraidy cat like me), I have so enjoyed the setting (a small town where everyone knows everyone), the characters, the slightly mysterious plot lines, and the cherry on top, all the delicious sounding recipes at the end of each chapter. If you're looking for a light, entertaining read, this series is your ticket!

I've steadily been adding to my "must read" list, so I ordered a few on Amazon yesterday. I loved the first book I read by Beth Hoffman and can't wait to dive into her new one that's set in Charleston and The Devil Wears Prada was one of my favorite books/movies, so I just had to order a copy of Revenge Wears Prada! I'm currently back and forth between the bookstore enticing me with their new sale section and Amazon, but I'm so looking forward to receiving mail in the form of a great book!

Happy Hump Day! Any great novels your enjoying this Summer??




No comments:

Post a Comment