Thursday, June 6, 2013

Strawberry Chocolate Truffle Tart


As sure as the sun comes up each mornin', so is my steadfast love for sweets. Like two peas in a pod, dessert and I go hand in hand. Where there is a treat, there is a way and you can bet your bottom dollar I'll find my way to it. Ok ok, you get the picture. I may be slightly exaggerating, but most of what I tell you is the honest to goodness truth and it comes straight from the heart (is there a rehab for dessert junkies or a SLA-Sweet Lovers Anonymous...because I'm kind of thinking I need professional help).

 On a serious note, when friends give me the option of choosing what to bring over for a get together, I almost always go with baking the sweet. We recently attended a summer time cookout (think burgers, grilled corn on the cob, and watermelon feta salad, which is my new favorite thing) for friends birthdays and after having seen a delicious spread of strawberry themed treats in the most recent issue of Coastal Living, I decided to test out this Strawberry Chocolate Truffle Tart. Unbelievable y'all. This thing rocked, especially because it consisted of darker chocolate over milk chocolate (I'm partial to the darker stuff). And it involved a scrumptious crust. Plus fresh strawberries. And to top it all off, the icing on the cake, it's EASY as pie to make! So next time you need a mind blowing dessert in the blink of an eye, might I suggest you take a chance on this guy. I can guarantee you won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment