Monday, June 3, 2013

Scenes From the Weekend

~Not quite sure why this picture looks so funky, but it was so cute in real life~

Happy Monday morning y'all! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

 As you know from my post on Friday, I was able to have some girls time this weekend and it was quite fabulous. Friday night I played house arrest (not a literal game, just an analogy because my friend is on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy) with my pregnant friend and watched an older, romantic comedy while indulging in pizza, loaded fries, and chocolate croissants (so bad, yet oh so good). After work Saturday, I hightailed it over to a local bridal shop (Vocelles) to meet my girlfriend at her first, and ONLY, wedding dress appointment...she found the ONE and it is just gorgeous and SO her. (If anyone is local to Tallahassee and on the hunt for a wedding dress, this is the place to go; I found mine here as well and the staff is beyond helpful, they have a beautiful selection, and the atmosphere is very elegant and chic). I had the best time sipping on champagne, watching my BFF from elementary school shop for her special day, and opening the cutest box ever asking me to be the Matron of Honor; I'm overjoyed for her and look forward to up coming festivities, particularly a lil bachelorette bash in Nashville!! Seriously folks, we were in a restaurant when she told me and I squealed like a pig, clapping my hands and bouncing in my seat, causing a few heads to turn and some curious looks in response to my sudden outburst of glee. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Nashville! 

Hope y'all have a great start to the week! And I'll leave you with a passage from my devotion this morning that was quite uplifting.

"When your focus is firmly on Me, My peace displaces fears and worries. They will encircle you, seeking entrance, so you must stay alert. Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold. There is NO fear in My love, which shines on you continually. Sit quietly in My love light, while I bless you with radiant peace. Turn your whole being to trusting and loving Me."

~My absolutely adorable gift box from JMH asking me to be her Matron of Honor~

~My new favorite candle for Summer-Paddywax: Ocean Tide and Sea Salt~

~Afternoon coffee with MAC in mugs my mom brought back from the B & B in Cali~


No comments:

Post a Comment