Friday, November 16, 2012

Birthday Festivities





Yesterday was a birthday success that I enjoyed every minute of! My mom treated me to lunch at one of my new favorite restaurants in Thomasville called Jonah's. We both ordered the special that consisted of a parmesan encrusted grouper sandwich and I got a side of their parmesan cheese grits; absolutely delicious! Once our bellies were pleasantly full, we got a coffee to keep warm (the weather was cloudy and chilly) as we browsed through the shops downtown (I snagged the cutest dress at a boutique called Mode that I'll share with you next week).

The evening was spent dining on some perfect filets (courtesy of Biddy, aka my dad) paired with  sauteed asparagus, and roasted white and sweet potatoes (thanks mom). Though I love me some sweets, for some reason I'm not too big on icing, so for my birthday I always request a coffee cake (my Mema used to always make it for us). It was divine, as usual, and after cake came the next best part, presents! My family spoiled me this year with a spa manicure from KK (youngest brother), a Michael Kors watch (I've been wanting this for a few years now) from my parents, and Hunter boots from MAC (another thing I've had my eye on). I did a few laps around the house amidst all the present opening excitement; I was a tad giddy that I had received all of my favorite things! 

Thank you everyone for my awesome birthday gifts and thanks to those of you that sent sweet cards and messages; they all made my day! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend; some type of exercise should probably be involved in the activities for the weekend to prepare for the mass intake of food next week!










No comments:

Post a Comment