Monday, November 19, 2012

Sweet Grass Date

~Isn't that mason jar centerpiece with cotton and dried okra so neat?~

Though it's already Monday again, I can't help but be super excited for a short work week (that ends Wednesday at 1) so we can road trip to Savannah for some much anticipated family time, bonfires, relaxation and of course, delicious food! 

MAC and I ventured up to our new favorite date spot, Thomasville, on Saturday night to meet up with some sweet friends (they're newly engaged!) for dinner. We got there a tad early so we could browse the shops (yes, I know I was there Thursday browsing shops, but I'm telling you, these places are too darn cute and I could browse them daily if the opportunity arose). I, of course, found new trinkets to buy, one of wich was a "bookmark notepad" that thrilled my book lovin', nerdy heart to pieces! You can write notes on the bookmark, put when you started/finished the book, etc. etc. Too cool, huh (don't laugh at me)! After shopping, we still had some time to kill, so we decided to try out Sweet Grass Dairy for a glass of wine. Y'all this place is our new favorite date spot! From the beautiful robins egg blue wood ceiling, to the barrel style table, to the farm chic decor that included a mason jar centerpiece with cotton and dried okra, we were in hog heaven. If you know MAC and I, then you know we'd prefer to be in the country over the city any day, so a place that gives you an air of simple sophistication, while still embodying southern charm, is ideal in our eyes. The wine was great and MAC got a Christmas beer that had the cutest bottle ever (pictured below); we will definitely be back, especially to try out their famous cheeses.

The weekend concluded with a cookout and Taboo at a friends house last night. Great weekend and look forward to the coming week! Have a wonderful day y'all! 

~The crates in the top right corner are from Elberta!~

~Blurry, but MAC and I thought this chandelier was gorgeous~

~Nerd find of the weekend (coolest bookmark ever)




No comments:

Post a Comment