Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Cards

~Christmas card collection~

One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is receiving all the lovely cards from friends and family in the mail! We have racked up quite the collection and each day we get the mail, I'm eagerly looking to see if a new card has arrived. I just love seeing each individual couple or families way of portraying their personality through the style and feel of their card. Yesterday, MAC was home before me (and he had dinner about ready when I arrived, such a sweet husband) and as I went to set my bags down by the counter, I saw a few cards and got super excited. I have been especially waiting for my friend B's card to arrive because she recently took up calligraphy and I was excited to see how the address on the envelope looked (yes it's the little things in life that give me a thrill), plus she is super cute and creative and her cards are just adorable. Well hers was there (bottom right in above picture) and it was so stinkin' cute I can't even stand it, but the envelope had already been tossed out. So what do I do? Rummage through the garbage can as my husband stares at me like I'm a lunatic and pull out the envelope like I've found treasure. I simply explained to MAC how much effort and time B had put into addressing the cards and how we couldn't just throw it away without admiring her fancy handiwork first! Call me crazy, but I love me some Christmas cards and enjoy them to the fullest :)

"Your truth never goes out of fashion;
It's as up to date as the earth when the sun comes up."
Psalm 119: 90

Stumbled across this verse today and it gave me such a simple peace. Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

P.S.
GG was my guilty pleasure, and I can't believe it's officially over; no more Chuck and Blair, no more B and S drama, no more lonely boy?! Last nights episode was pretty good, with things ending the way I wanted, but it somehow seemed not so grand for a very last episode ever! If your a GG fan, what did you think? 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't kept up with GG in the last few years but I thought the ending was a little strange and very lackluster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Rachel! I hate to say it, but I was kind of disappointed! I expected a little more craziness or excitement out of it!

    ReplyDelete