Monday, December 31, 2012

Happiest of New Years to You

I'm back!

I meant to inform y'all of my week long vacation, and hiatus from this blog, last Friday (you know, just to keep you well informed and up to date on the Mr. and my whereabouts), but I woke up that morning not feeling so hot and barely got myself together in time to make it to work! Sickness has been lingering around me the past month and I'm so glad it seems to have departed from me for good (fingers crossed).

This past week was utterly amazing and purely refreshing. MAC and I were so thankful to spend our Christmas break, and our first married Christmas, with each other and each of our families on the beautiful coastline of Georgia. Our time was spent divided between Hampton Island and my in-laws home with not a single plan or schedule to dictate our days. The men of the family nearly spent almost every morning and evening hunting, while I used that time to curl up in front of our roaring fireplace and catch up on some reading. We also ate way too much delicious food, went on a carriage ride in downtown Savannah (first time going and it was wonderful), celebrated my amazing Mom's big 50th birthday, spent time with my sweet Mema, went trout fishing in 30 degree weather (crazy, I know), shopped at Palm Avenue, played board games, visited with friends, and soaked in a lot of quality family time and relaxation. Oh, and we bought a car!!! No more car pool for me/having my parents chauffeur me around! We were beyond thankful to strike a deal with my brother and sister in law and make our first extremely big purchase; God truly blesses those who are patient. 

All in all, it was a fantastic week spent with loved ones and now MAC and I are ready to ring in the New Year, get back to work, and detox our bodies after all the holiday junk we have consumed! We plan on being low key tonight and soaking up an unforgettable year. I'm not a huge fan of making New Years resolutions because I feel as if they are quite quickly forgotten come February, but I plan on continuing to enjoy my first year of marriage to the most amazing man, travel to new places, learn more about blogging and my new job, and try to remember to live my life to the fullest each day, as a shining beacon of LIGHT for my Savior.

Happy New Year friends. Cheers to 2013!

"Remember our message is not about ourselves, we're proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master. All we are is messengers, errand runners from Jesus. It started when God said, 'Light up the darkness!' and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful." 2 Corinthians 4:5-6

"You yourselves are all the endorsement we need. Your very lives are a letter that anyone can can read by just looking at you." 2 Corinthians 3:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment