Thursday, December 20, 2012

Play Day

Today I'm posting just a tad later than usual because it is my day off and I am taking full advantage of a quiet, free morning. I have spent the majority of it curled up on the sofa with a hot cup of coffee in one hand and my HP book in the other, with the scent of my Frazier Fir candle emanating its pleasant smell about the room. For those of you that don't know me, this is my ideal way to spend the early morning hours and in a dream world, it would occur on a daily basis. 

The rest of my day will be spent with my mom, but what we will be doing is a secret (sorry mom, can't find out until later). Her 50th birthday is Christmas Eve (only 4 more days folks) so we are trying to make her feel extra special from now til then! After my day with mom, MAC and I are headed to a Coton Colors Christmas party that I am super excited about; I just love getting slightly more fancy than normal and celebrating the season. Tomorrow is back to work before heading off to our second home of Hampton Island and Savannah! It has become a tradition to spend our holidays in Georgia and I seriously can not wait. Those towns hold a special place in my heart (my first time ever being on my own, not knowing a soul and now having friends that are like family, and unexpectedly stumbling upon my husband) and I never knew how much I would miss not living there. Fortunately, we go back often and I'm quite looking forward to a week of family, friends, milestone celebrations, cozy fires, Christmas movies, tasty foods, reading for hours on end, nature hikes and most importantly, honoring the birth of our Risen Savior. 

Have a blessed day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment