Monday, December 10, 2012

Searching

Whew! What a fun weekend I had celebrating the future Mrs. Kerwin, but I'm slap worn out; staying up wayyyyyy past normal bed time, plus waking up at typical early time (because of that darn internal clock) is a recipe for one extremely sleepy gal. Looks like the bed will be calling my name quite early tonight for some much needed recovery sleep!

In other news, the Mr.'s beloved truck has officially died, causing us to be searching high and low for a replacement vehicle. The past week or so I have been graciously accepting rides from my mom to and from work, as MAC and I are on the lookout for a new car! I have never experienced the process of buying a vehicle, as I was given one by my parents (wich I'm so grateful for and we will drive it til it dies), but I never knew how hard it is! We are fortunate to have some savings built up, but rather than spend it all and possibly get a loan and have a lovely car payment, we are trying to be diligent with the money God has blessed us with and listen to the wise counsel of my sweet (and financially knowledgeable) Dad, who advised us to buy something we can pay cash with and that won't use up all of our savings. So as hard as it is to not go get a pretty, shiny, brand new car, MAC and I are praying about it, practicing patience and searching our little hearts out!

From the scriptures of Proverbs 13:1

"Intelligent children listen to their parents
Foolish children do their own thing"

All right Mom and Dad, we're humbled and listening :) And to the rest of you, if you know of any used vehicles, we'd love to hear about them!

Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment