Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fashion Steal: Sunnies

Chambray top, colored jeans (these fit amazing and are on sale for only $24!!!), classic sunnies, Revas (classic + color compatible with everything = successful splurge item)


Like Mother like daughter, both my mom and I LOVE fashion. I'm constantly shopping websites, scouring the popular high fashion blogs, and searching through style magazines for the latest trends and inspiration. I find fashion so intriguing and take pleasure in seeing different peoples sense of style and their unique character portrayed through their clothing. Though my mom and I tend to have expensive taste, we also enjoy finding an item that looks pricey, but is a bit more reasonable. For example, we adore the JCrew Edie purse that I blogged about in this post, but were not too keen on spending over $200 on a small, neon colored bag, so when we laid eyes on Targets version at $26.99, we swept those babies up (in 3 different colors...ooooops). 

Another example for you are the sunglasses I'm wearing in these pictures. A few weeks back when I went shopping in Jacksonville, I was on the hunt for a new pair of sunnies, preferably a pair of Wayfarers by Ray Ban. I tried on a whole slew of styles, including some Aviators, and only found one pair that looked decent; I wrote down the information and continued my search. I later stumbled upon not one but two sunnies, one being aviators and the others (shown below), a similar style to the Ray Bans I almost purchased. The whole reason I was on the hunt for a new pair of sunglasses was due to me breaking my Lilly ones , so I was hesitant to spend $155 on a new pair when I found 2 for $34 (that looked so similar to the pricier pairs) at Loft. Obviously I chose the Loft sunnies with the mentality that if I break them, I would only lose about $17! This all being said, I definitely believe there are some items worth splurging on or "investing" in (my dad and husband are going to cringe over my use of this word) and you have to decide what's worth it to you. Some trends, like the colored denim I'm wearing above, are not what I'm willing to spend hundreds of dollars on; a nice leather bag that you'll use for years, that's worth the big bucks in my book! 

What do you splurge or save on??
Happy Thursday and stay tuned tomorrow for a peak at more steals I scored from my shopping trip!




~ Don't I have the cutest Mom ever??~


No comments:

Post a Comment