Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries


Sweet Potato Fries are a reoccurring side dish in our home, causing my mom and I to constantly be on the search for a tasty new recipe that gives the fries subtle flavor and a slight crisp. Rather than scouring the Internet or a cookbook, I decided to hit up the number one spot for finding ideas/recipes/inspiration for just about anything your heart could desire, Pinterest (I took a slight hiatus from here after the wedding, but it now has me hooked yet again). As I correctly assumed, there was a plethora of recipes to choose from, and as any smart person would do, I based my choice on how delicious the corresponding picture looked and also how many times it had been "liked and re-pinned". The chosen one included a pinch of sweet mixed with a bit of salt and spice, which, combined together, gave the fries a flavorful kick. Typically struggling to get the fries slightly crunchy without deep frying them, I was pleasantly surprised to find the oven temperature and length of time aided the crisp of them!

Happy eating! Recipe can be found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment