Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to the Root of it: Peach State to Sunshine State




This past week has been an absolute whirlwind of boxes and boxes and more boxes! From finishing up our last work week in Savannah and packing up our entire apartment, to traveling a little further south of the Georgia state line to the place I call home (the good ol' capital of Florida). Due to some sweet friends and amazing family members on both sides, we had all of our belongings in the new place within an hour! We were so thankful and appreciative of their help because not many people would sacrifice a Saturday morning to carry extremely large loads of items up 3 (yes 3) flights of stairs in the sweltering August humidity. MAC and I like to have everything neat and organized, so the rest of Saturday was spent unloading and arranging our apartment to feel homey and cozy.

I don't believe I have mentioned why we moved from that sweet, southern town of Savannah (this place will always be dear to my heart) or what either myself or MAC will be doing in this new stage of life. My dad is the CFO and part owner of a company called Elberta Crate and Box CO. Their main line of business is manufacturing and producing crates for farmers to package their produce in, but in the past few years, they have done some expansion into other areas of business and have recently had a lot of growth, so my husband was given the opportunity to join the company right now. He will be assisting a co-worker in China with some new projects and also learning the sales aspect of the company. I'm beyond thrilled for MAC and have no doubt that he will excel at this position and thrive in this type of environment; he's motivated, a go-getter, an extremely hard worker and has superb people skills. I look forward to seeing his progression in the company and where this all may lead for him :)

 Now for me...I have no job as of yet, and this is the first time since I was 16! Though I am a bit excited to have a teeny break from the work world, I will admit it does feel quite strange to not have a job lined up at the moment. I am SO used to working and providing for myself that I can't quite get used to the fact that I have an incredible husband around to be the provider for our family. I am so blessed to have him and thankful that through much prayer and consideration, he made a wise work decision so that he could support us financially. I am looking for a position and do have a potential shop I may work at, though not much will compare to my previous job of managing a Lilly Pulitzer boutique. I sure am going to miss my friends at the store and all those adorable clothes, but I am excited for this new beginning MAC and I have started together and look forward to what the future has in store for us. The Lord and his plans are mighty good and we find joy in following the path He has created for us. We believe this is where we are meant to be at this point in time, and we plan on relishing a new adventure and spending precious time with my family (who I have missed dearly while living in Savannah the past 3 1/2 years).

Goodness gracious I just unloaded a lot of rambling and information, but wanted to update my blog world on our recent change of scenery! I'm off to hang out with my brother, make my husband a treat for his first day of work and do some more organizing at our new place! Check back this week for more posts and I hope you have a lovely Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment