Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sweet, Southern Thomasville

My mom and I made an impromptu trip to Thomasville, Georgia for a light lunch and shopping date yesterday. I have always enjoyed making the short 30 minute drive to this small, southern town to partake in patronizing wonderful, local shops and restaurants. Our favorite lunch spot is called Savannah Moon and due to the ever so slight drop in temperature, my Mom and I decided to dine al fresco by the cobblestone streets of downtown. Our choice of dining outdoors was the perfect spot for me to be able to "people watch"(I could do this all day, it's the simple things) and I as I was observing, I noticed how friendly everyone seemed and how as they walked by, they would look you in the eye, nod and say hello. Nicknamed "The Rose City" because of it's many colorful rose gardens, Thomasville reminds you of the good ol' days when people dressed up to meet a friend for lunch and where everybody knows everybody, and even if they don't know you, they still offer up a smile and say hi. I love that sense of welcomeness and southern hospitality that is still prevalent and remains at the   fore front of this quaint town. It is deeply refreshing to step away from the hustle and bustle of large cities, and experience the heart of the south and a time that still remains very much alive and well. Oh how that makes my heart happy. Enough ramblin'( I could talk about the south ALL daggum day), let's get on with it and get to the good stuff!

Our lunch spot



My cute mom and an American flag


Delicious Savannah Salad with a Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing and Vegetable Soup

Bacon and Cheddar Quiche with the Savannah Salad


Our favorite kitchen shop

Just a lovely, historic building

Obsessed with this local bookshop, and to top it off, they now have a cupcake baker sharing in their space...double trouble

Meet our new friend Skippy

Wouldn't you love to visit story time??



I am in Hog Heaven folks

Such a cute, unique way to convey your hours of operation

Skippy snuck into the window display



 local coffee spot

Hope you have a blessed day y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment