Monday, August 20, 2012

Goodbye Summer

Well wouldn't it have been a novel idea for all of you that visited my blog last Friday to actually be able to VIEW the items I was discussing! My apologies to you for being in a hurry to publish and not double checking myself until later in the day when it was already too late to see that not a single picture I thought I had uploaded was actually there! How utterly embarrassing. Have I mentioned that I am technologically challenged and computers constantly boggle my mind?? Yes, I know I have told you this repeatedly, but just thought I'd throw that out there again for any new people and just as a reminder to not judge me too harshly :). You're probably thinking I shouldn't dabble in something that is completely out of my realm, but I'm determined to learn and blow your mind with my future skills :)

Let's give this another go around! Here are the pictures of Fall candles and scents that were supposed to correspond with my snippet of info on each last Friday...
















Now that that's taken care of, we can get to more pictures of what went on in my neck of the woods this weekend. To start the weekend off right, I spent Friday with a friend I have known and kept in touch with since I was a baby. She lives in Titusville at the moment and came to Tally to visit her sister, who just begun a job at FSU. We met at Starbucks and caught up on life, which now involves husbands, job changes, moving and of course decorating and cooking. Betsy, (don't you just adore that name), has a great blog by the name of Heavens to Betsy and she, who is very computer savvy, gave me some helpful blogging tips I hope to put in to use soon! After we had chatted long enough and sipped our coffee to the last drop, we embarked on a day of shopping some local boutiques. It was a lovely day with an old friend.














Saturday was spent with my sweet husband running errands. We found the cutest kitchen table for our new apartment and I can't wait to get it in (We had to special order it and I'll do a post on it later this week). That night we made our way over to my parents to soak up another cook-out before the end of summer and beginning of school, for my brother that is, who started today. We had the most delicious meal, with some "must have" American cook out staples.














Home made sweet tea with the most adorable sign attached with burlap twine and fresh cut lemons ( for those that fancy an Arnold Palmer). How cute is my mom?!














Mason jars with a striped straw, gingham napkins, the BEST steak I think my dad has grilled yet, chopped sweet potatoes and regular potatoes, and grilled asparagus. Scrum-diddly-umptious!














Fresh blueberries my mom used for her to die for Blueberry Cobbler.














By the end of the night, this was all gone. My family doesn't believe in letting a good thing go to waste, and believe me, this was a real good thing.

Sunday was spent going to church, watching The Hunger Games, and soaking up the fact that MAC and I have been married 3 glorious months as of yesterday! The best is yet to come and I look forward to every day with this man














Hope the start to your week is lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment