Thursday, August 30, 2012

Headboard Inspiration

 Being a recent newlywed and moving out of my bachelorette pad in Savannah to a place of our own in Tallahassee has put me into MAJOR nesting mode. Ever since we moved in I have been slowly adding decor to our home and making a list of items I'd love to add to it. One of the top pieces from that list is a headboard. My parents generously gave us a king bed, which we were thrilled to receive, (MAC is well over 6 ft tall so needless to say, my full bed wasn't cutting it) and we were also given a duvet cover from Pottery barn as a wedding gift; it's the perfect blend of color and pattern without being too feminine or delicate. I just added some gorgeous statement pillows to coordinate with our bedding, giving it more height and appeal because at the moment, we are sans headboard! This is the last major piece for our bed that I'd like to add, but until I have saved up enough money to purchase one, I have been swooning over these DIY headboards from Better Homes and Gardens. They were all fairly simple and I appreciated the unique style they each possessed. Unfortunately, I lack the gift of craftiness (both my brothers got this talent, go figure), but I have found inspiration and am determined to accomplish this task. I hope to update you with a variety of impressive pictures once I tackle this project.

Enjoy browsing these photos and my apologies for the late post...the Kardashians had a marathon on E! this morning and held me captive on my sofa for around 2 darn hours! What can I say, it's my guilty pleasure.






No comments:

Post a Comment