Friday, August 31, 2012

American Pride and a Little Something Sweet

Warning: I am about to dabble in a little political chatter :)

My mom is a die hard conservative, tea party loving, political junkie, constantly informing my family on the most up to date happenings in the political realm; this has been a constant in our household since I was young (she did take me to a Bush rally when I was like all of 10 ha), but recently blossomed into a deeper passion due to the state of our country at the moment.  That passion has been passed down to myself and MAC and I have been transfixed by the TV the past 3 nights watching the Republican National Convention. I was blown away by speeches from Condoleezza Rice, Susana Martinez, Clint Eastwood, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio and of course, Mitt Romney. They had this girl fist pumping at the TV, cheering and clapping. They stirred up feelings of that spectacular American Pride that we so often let fall to the wayside. They gave me hope that there are leaders out there who are competent, smart, diligent, passionate, who view America as the greatest free country and who realize that doesn't come free and was not, nor will it ever be, an entitlement that is always here to stay. We have to fight for this country, what it was founded on and the freedom it gives, not forget where we came from and how America got to be what it is today, and rally behind this amazing team that I hope is about to take over the White House and transform this horrific mess we are currently sitting in to what America should be.

I love this country and all that it stands for and look forward to supporting those I believe in by exercising my right as a U.S. citizen and voting on election day. I see it as a fight of the utmost importance and my country needs my vote; I hope you get informed and exercise your right as well.

This whole chair thing was ridiculously hysterical. My favorite quote from Clint was, "We own this country. Politicians are our employees and when somebody does not get the job done, we have got to let them go." AMEN

I seriously wouldn't doubt if this man was a future president; wow was he incredible and so young! My favorite quotes from him were, "Our problem is not that he's a bad person, it's that he's a bad president."  "The Almighty God is the source of all we have." Again, AMEN!

Ok, glad to get that off my chest! Now that you know where I stand on political matters, let's talk cookies and Labor Day!

I whipped up the basic Classic Chocolate Chip cookies the other day and they turned out scrumptious!
I definitely recommend this recipe and have been taking turns between dipping into the cookie dough and actually baking some for the enjoyment with milk.

I hope you enjoy your long Labor Day weekend! MAC and I are off to his home town and my second home of Savannah to soak up some quality time with good friends and family!

Until next week,

Your All American Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment