Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Triple Chocolate Delight

Yesterday, as you know, was my husband's first day of work at Elberta and to celebrate that, I baked him a sweet treat! When it comes to dessert, MAC is a chocoholic so I had to find a recipe that incorporated an amount of chocolate to satisfy that sweet tooth. I'm a big fan of trying out new recipes, so I scoured the web for triple chocolate cookies and found this one on foodnetwork.com; they turned out mighty scrumptious! The recipe called for whole wheat pastry flour, but I used whole wheat flour due to not seeing specific "pastry" flour at our local Publix; I also added white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate because my brother Caleb was assisting me and he had a craving for those white chips! Lastly, the recipe only made 2 dozen cookies, which is a ridiculously low number if you ask my family or myself (we all have just a slight affinity for sweets) so I would double the recipe for a more desirable amount of cookies :)

Hope your day is sweet and pleasant

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (2 ounces)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped milk chocolate ( 2 ounces)
2/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:
Pre heat the oven to 350

In a large bowl, mash together the butters and sugars with a fork until well combined. Add the oil and egg and beat until creamy. Mix in the vanilla.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and the pecans and mix well. Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.  


No comments:

Post a Comment