Monday, August 27, 2012

Shopping Success

Our shopping escapade last Friday was a great success! I picked up a few accessories for our humble abode and enjoyed a beautiful day out with my mom. We danced, talked and sang our way to Jacksonville and back; a girl just needs some care free days like that with her mom, no?! Here are a few of the items I snagged!

A vintage blue, ticking stripe shower curtain that looks so classic and clean (also a tad more suitable than my previous one for living with a man).

Plumply soft, porcelain blue towels to correspond with the shower curtain.

I went with the cream bath rug to provide a bit of color break up from the porcelain blue.

The linen ruffle pillow shams closest to the headboard are probably my favorite new accessory. They provide a bit more of an elegant statement to our bedding.

Closer look at the pillow (the color I chose is called Praline and is a lovely shade of soft yellow)

These water hyacinth place mats provide a rustic farm look atop our new table

The rest of the weekend was filled with cookouts, enjoying the outdoors and relaxing. Here are a few pics!

Blueberry muffins and coffee for the hubs and I on our new place mats and table!

Mom and I took Bear for a walk alongside the boys as they golfed late Saturday afternoon.

Isn't he just adorable?!

Our boys walking a few holes before dark.

I attempted to obtain some delicious recipes for dinner this week, and only came up with one idea after perusing these gems that we are going to try out tonight...BBQ Chicken Nachos.

We delighted our appetites with these delicious cupcakes from Lucy and Leo's. If you haven't tried these out yet, trust me, you MUST. I am a sweet expert so no need to doubt!

Off to dabble with some closet organizing and hoping to receive the second Harry Potter book in the mail this afternoon so I can burrow into a comfy spot and continue with the series! Hope you have a spectacular day!



No comments:

Post a Comment