Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Beach Dreamin'



Rain, rain go away come again another day never! Ok maybe not never (I'm aware that rain is a good thing, thank you Luke Bryan) I'm just reallyyyy over the consistency of it at the moment and am dreaming of days that involve a bathing suit, coconut sunscreen, toes in the sand, gentle breezes, an ice cold drink, sunnies, a fascinating book I can get lost in for hours, and some beachy tunes crooning away at me as I bask in the sunshine and clear, blue skies. I'm not asking for much am I? This antsy/hurry on up and get here spring attitude is typical for me, but is slightly worse at the moment due to having booked the first, of hopefully many, beach trips yesterday and also because of all the great "summer-ish" tunes on country radio right now. Here's a list of my faves that are getting me all sorts of giddy for spring and summer!

1. Brad Paisley "Summer with You"
2. Darius Rucker "Wagon Wheel" (I will never tire of this one)
3. Lady A "Downtown"
4. Kenny Chesney "Pirate Flag" 
5. Jason Aldean "1994"
6. Jake Owen "Anywhere with You"
7. Florida Georgia Line "Shine On"
8. Blake Shelton "Sure Be Cool If You Did"
9. Luke Bryan's entire Spring Break CD
10. Taylor Swift "22" (Windows down, song blaring...obsessed.)

Any songs y'all are loving at the moment? Happy Tuesday, and here's a little encouragement I read this morning to get your day started off on the right foot!

"Exert your will to trust Me in all circumstances. Don't let your need to understand distract you from My Presence. I will equip you to get through this day victoriously, as you live in deep dependence on Me. Tomorrow is busy worrying about itself; don't get tangled up in worry-webs. Trust Me one day at a time."



1 comment:

  1. Jake Owen's southern summer barefoot blue jean night is on right this instant and I am having equal beach envy. I see a trip in our future!

    ReplyDelete