Monday, April 8, 2013

Farewell Lilly

~Lilly Pulitzer circa 1960's, just starting out~

What a gorgeous weekend we were blessed with and though it went by way too fast (as do most good things), I'm so thankful for precious time spent with friends and family that we miss dearly. 

In other news, I was so sad to hear of the passing of Ms. Lilly Pulitzer yesterday. She was and always will be such a style icon and inspiration to many people, including myself who has loved her colorful, patterned clothing for quite sometime. What a personality she possessed, so full of life and zest, coupled with a passion for her unique style, completely un-deterred by what others may think and perseverance to make it a raging success.
 I was fortunate enough to have met her in Palm Beach a few years ago and will always remember that moment of seeing my favorite designer walk into a meeting I was in; I attempted to remain calm and relaxed, but it was truly an exciting moment. Her legacy will continue to live on through me and many other Lilly girls who receive so much joy out of sporting her trademark shifts and recognizable colors and patterns...life is just more fun when you wear a Lilly!

"Anything is possible with sunshine and a little pink."
"Life's a party, dress like it."
"The Lilly girl is always full of surprises. She lives everyday like its a celebration, never has a dull moment, and makes every hour a happy hour."

~So glad to have met the special Ms.Lilly Pulitzer~

~My sweet in-laws~

~This man has my heart~

~Found an old treasure of a building after our seaside dinner~

No comments:

Post a Comment