Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lemon Squares


If you have read this blog for any amount of time, it should come as no surprise that I have a major sweet tooth and have absolutely zero amount of self control when in the company of dessert. Give me chocolate, cookies, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, candy, whatever, you name it and I'll gobble it up like there's no tomorrow (ask my husband, he'll vouch for this). I literally exercise for the sole reason of being able to consume as much sugar as possible (how sick am I), but lately the sugar has outweighed the exercise so I need to flip that back around to where its working in my favor again! All this being said, I baked one of my favorite desserts, Lemon Bars, for our Bible Study last night; they turned out quite well and the mixture of sweet with tartness and a layer of crust just hits the spot with my taste buds. As much as I love this treat, I've never actually baked them myself so I chose a recipe that was pretty simple and straightforward. My only suggestion is to give your bars enough time to cool so they can harden a bit before cutting them up. You must try this scrumptious recipe in the near future; it's an appropriate treat to welcome in Spring!

Happy eating and here's a passage below that I found very encouraging today!

"Be careful not to complain about anything, even the weather, since I am the Author of your circumstances. The best way to handle unwanted situations is to thank Me for them. This act of faith frees you from resentment and frees Me to work My ways into the situation, so that good emerges from it.
To find joy in this day, you must live within its boundaries. I knew what I was doing when I divided time into twenty four hour segments. I understand human frailty, and I know that you can bear the weight of only one day at a time. Do not worry about tomorrow or get stuck in the past. There is abundant life in My Presence today." Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment