Monday, April 22, 2013

Like Mother, Like Daughter

My Mom: Top-Lilly Pulitzer, Shoes-Lilly Pulitzer (old), Necklace-Lilly Pulitzer (old), Scarf-Gap
Me: Top-Michael Stars, Pants-Lilly Pulitzer, Shoes-JCrew, Scarf-Gap, Watch-Miachel Kors

If you are somewhat familiar with my blog, then I can probably assume you've heard me mention how gorgeous my Mom is (I sure hope I look as well as she does at 50, crossing my fingers for those youthful genes) and what a savvy eye she has for fashion. I seriously wish you could see her on a daily basis; she's always so poised, pulled together, and chic, never going anywhere (literally) without  her lipstick. One thing is for sure, she passed on a love for fashion to me and we both find so much joy in searching for new outfits, accessories and shoes. I decided to take advantage of the fact that my Mom is quite stunning and possesses an innate fashion sense and start a new post series called "Like Mother, Like Daughter". The idea behind this is that we will choose an article of clothing that we both like (happens ALL the time) and each showcase a different way to style it; ie-show a dressed up/dressed down version or how someone older/younger might wear it. Today, we're both sporting a scarf from Gap and each put our own spin on color scheme, the feel of the outfit and the accessories. Neither of us could resist the bright mix of colors featured in this light weight, spring scarf and envisioned a multitude of ways to pair it with our wardrobes!

As I've stated before, my Mom is the sister I never had and we both have too much fun sharing clothes and "playing dress up". Hope you enjoy the new series and Happy Monday to you!

P.S. If as you're scrolling through the pictures you wonder why there are a lot more shots of myself rather than my super model Mom I've been boasting about, it's not because I'm super vain, it's because she's also a professional photographer, and I rather lack the ability to snap a shot without making it extremely blurry (it's harder than it looks folks)!


















No comments:

Post a Comment