Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bookworm Wednesday

~So wish I was back on the beach reading the day away~

As mentioned yesterday, our first stop in Seaside was the bookstore and that's where I picked up "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt". I found it in the Southern Literature section of the store and to be honest, I mainly chose it because the story takes place in Savannah, Ga; I just love being able to picture the streets and places that are discussed! So far I have loved this southern novel about a young girl who grows up in a disfunctional home and eventually gets the opportunity to live with her sweet, wealthy Aunt, who attempts to give the girl a normal and healthy environment where she can find herself and learn about life. It's very well written with a variety of colorufl characters and that sweet, southern flare that I love. I highly recommend this book and this author, who has a more recent novel out that I believe is based in Charleston, South Carolina; that one is on my list to read as well!

Hope you have a beautiful day!

~Bookworm Nerd Alert: I found a new bookstore in Rosemary Beach that the hubs was hoping I wouldn't see (he spotted it first), but unfortunately for him, I did (sidenote-I'd already dragged him into about 3 other bookstores); he should know better than that by now because I'm like a dog with keen senses that can sniff out a new bookstore a mile away...sorry MAC and thanks for being so willing to snap this goofy pic of me in my happy place :)~

No comments:

Post a Comment