Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day


This weekend is Mother's Day and today is in honor of my Mom (and all the other Mommy's out there)! The older I get the more I realize just how much Mom's sacrifice and give of themselves on a daily basis for their children. It's a never ending, day in and day out job that sometimes reaps no benefits and often goes un-noticed. It's a hard, challenging, difficult, scary, tireless, 24 hour job that most don't realize is an actual job, lacking "materialistic" benefits and recognition. Being a Mom requires a great deal of selflessness and that to me is a huge obstacle for humans to overcome; not many people decide to willingly give of themselves, disregarding their wants and desires to pour into the lives of their children. 

Today I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you Mom for your endless sacrificing, for always being there for each of us, for loving us no matter what we put you through, for putting us above yours and dads wants and desires, for showing us unconditional support, for displaying God's love to us and for providing a prime example of what kind of Mom I should be one day. You mean the world to me and I'm forever grateful for all that you have done in my life and continue to do for me; though you may think no one notices all the sacrifices you have made, it does not go un-noticed and I will forever be grateful that I am one of the fortunate and blessed ones to experience life with how a Mom was created and designed to be. I think you are the most beautiful, amazing, smart, caring woman in the whole wide world! I love you and so thankful to call you my Mom and my best friend!

And to all the other Mom's out there, including my Mema, my Mother in Law, Nena, and my Aunts, thank you for what you do and I hope you all know how special you are! Happiest of Mothers Day to everyone and I hope you "kids" make your Mom's feel the love and appreciation this weekend; they deserve it a million times over!





No comments:

Post a Comment