Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Normally MAC and I have a routine of grocery shopping together on Sunday afternoons, but due to traveling back from Savannah and meeting my parents at Z Bardhi's Sunday night, I went myself after work yesterday. As I was searching around for a new dinner recipe, I came across Cajun Chicken Pasta and thought I'd give it a shot; I typically steer clear of anything with a kick, so I thought this meal would provide a welcome change for our taste buds. This dish ended up being simple, fairly healthy and totally delicious!

Here are a few notes on what I did different than the recipe:

1. I used angel hair pasta rather than linguine (mostly because I already had angel hair, but also because I'm partial to it over any other style pasta, weird, I know)

2. I used chicken strips rather than chicken breast (I believe it cooks faster due to the strips being more thin and smaller)

3. I left out the mushrooms (I can't handle the texture) and green onions

If you love pasta and a slight edge to the flavor (if I can handle the spiciness, trust me, so can you) then you have to try this! A little side note, this recipe was designed for 2, so if you have more mouths to feed, just double it. Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment