Thursday, October 4, 2012

And the winner is...

I know politics can be a touchy matter to discuss, but because election day is approaching quickly and we are in the midst of presidential debates, I just have to applaud Romney on a superb job last night. I can't imagine how nerve wracking and unsettling it must be to not have prior knowledge of questions asked and to have millions of people analyzing your every breath and move, but my gosh did Romney NAIL it last night. He was sharp, poised, passionate, clear and well spoken. He actually answered the questions being asked, and did so while having to rebuttal Obama's lies and twisted facts. Obama didn't even have the respect to look Romney in the eyes either as he was debating him, nor when Romney was speaking to him. It's not even a question who is the winner of that debate (even CNN and other major liberal figures said Romney did an excellent job and that Obama disappointed them) and it's obvious that the current President has no right to be given another term.

Now do I place my faith and trust in Romney? No, my hope is in Jesus Christ. But I do whole heatedly believe that God places people in our lives to lead and govern us, and it's my job to be well informed and vote for the person I think will better this great country. At a younger age, I had a slight interest in politics, but now I see the bigger picture and feel a responsibility to be knowledgeable about the candidates and what they stand for so that I can put forth my vote, allowing my voice to be heard. I have become fiercely passionate about this because for the first time in my lifetime, I am unsure of the direction our country is going, uncertain of my future and the future for my children one day, and scared that the America I know has a possibility to completely disintegrate if left in the hands of our current president. I believe, as in so many other circumstances besides politics, that we need to stand up for what we believe in and fight for our convictions and the freedom of America. And that is precisely what I plan to do.

Freedom is not a gift that you are entitled to, and right now, whether you want to believe it or not, it is ever so slowly being stripped away. I don't know about you, but I want my freedom and have no desire to allow the government to tell me what health care I should have, how I should run my business or what I can and can't do. That's not their job and was never the intent for their job when our country was founded, therefor they should lose their job if this forcefulness of government is going to be slammed on us. Please, I challenge you young people, to not think that you are removed from this and that this is not relevant to your life, because it most definitely is. Get informed and VOTE!

Happy Thursday y'all and may God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment