Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Cookie Bites


In order to embrace the "spooky" holiday season, I baked these festive Halloween Cookie Bites yesterday for our married couples community group at our church. I found the recipe in the latest issue of Coastal Living and thought the Candy Corn look was so cute and appropriate for the month of October; plus, I love a good sugar cookie with a slight hint of lemon zest. These were so easy to make and what's not to like about a cookie in the shape of Candy Corn?! I do have to suggest you purchase a bit more yellow food coloring than red, due to having to mix the red and yellow for the orange section of the cookie, and also having to use it for the yellow portion; I made the mistake of not having enough yellow (hence the reason for the catalog shot above and not my own), but they still turned out delicious! Lastly, as we all know, looks can be deceiving and the above picture is proof of that. I was under the impression (from the looks of the large cookies in the pic) that these cookies were of a normal size, but until I started to cut them into their shapes, I realized that they are actually bite size; guess I should have gleaned that little tidbit of info from the name "Halloween Bites" (I can be a little slow sometimes).

Any who, you should definitely give these cookies a shot and I guarantee people will rave just about how cute they are...the sweet taste is an added bonus, no?! Happy baking friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment