Monday, October 1, 2012

Relaxation Station

This past weekend was gloriously relaxing; haven't had one of those in a while! Friday night we indulged (and I use that word because our indulgence came with quite a hefty price tag, which I later got in trouble for, oooooops) in some Japenese takeout with my brother and then watched The Avengers (more like the boys watched the movie and I caught up on blogs and fell asleep). Saturday was spent searching for a few new Fall clothes for Mac before retiring to the house for some couch lounging and football watching. I took a mini football break and met my sweet friend Tiff at Starbucks for a little girl chat.


The only beverage from Starbucks I drink in the Fall...a Pumpkin Spice Latte!


Saturday night we invited my parents over for dinner because my mom pulled her back and can't muster up the strength to perform her normal cooking routine. I pulled out some leftover napkins from our wedding and it brought back such sweet, precious memories; funny how something so discreet can bring about a flood of strong emotions.


Once again, I scoured the internet world of recipes and decided to whip up Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Biscuits for my family, along with some homemade tea (sweet of course, that's just a given) courtesy of MAC. It was AMAZING and one of my favorite new recipes; so simple too! The recipe can be found here.


Just a closer shot of this pile of yummy goodness!

Back to the grind today! Hope your Monday is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment